SLIP & FALL LAWYER
Unsafe properties pose a risk to all who enter them, and those injured because of those unsafe property conditions shouldn’t hesitate to speak with a Westchester County slip and fall lawyer with significant experience handling premises liability claims. Read on and contact The Bàez Legal Group to learn more about slip and fall accidents in New York and how our legal team can help you.
NYC & WESTCHESTER COUNTY SLIP AND FALL LAWYER | HERE TO HELP
A serious slip and fall accident can derail a person’s life for years, if not permanently, and if you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall, you can depend on a Westchester County personal injury attorney right here at The Bàez Legal Group to fight for your right to financial compensation.
OUR LEGAL SERVICES
The Bàez Legal Group proudly serves people throughout New York who’ve been wrongfully injured in a wide array of slip or trip and fall accidents, including the following:
- Stairway Accidents: Not all trips or slips and falls on stairwells qualify for compensation, however, if you were injured because of unsafe stairwell conditions, you may have a valid premises liability claim.
- Apartment Accidents: Your home is supposed to be your comfort zone. No one ever expects to sustain a serious injury in a place that should be safer than any other. Unfortunately, if you rent your apartment or other living space and your landlord failed to provide you with a safe environment, you may now find yourself an accident victim. You can depend on us to fight for you.
- Defective Elevator Accidents: Passengers who are injured in defective elevators are very seldom to blame for these accidents, and unfortunately, if an elevator is defective, passengers typically can’t do anything other than hope everything works out. Our firm is here to help you.
- Restaurant Accidents: When going to a restaurant, the last thing you’d expect is to sustain a serious injury. In most cases, the worst you would expect is a bad meal. However, restaurant accidents are not uncommon, and if you’ve been wrongfully hurt, we are on your side.
- Sidewalk Accidents: Sidewalk accidents can sometimes happen when a pedestrian isn’t paying attention and simply trips or slips and falls. However, you should understand that property owners are responsible for keeping their sidewalks safe for all, and if you’ve been hurt because of unsafe sidewalk conditions, you may have a valid claim.
- Grocery Store Accidents: Grocery stores are a mundane part of most of our lives. However, with so many people and items on the shelves, they, too, can become very dangerous when grocery store owners or staff are negligent.
PROVING A PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIM
If you were injured in an accident because of a negligent property owner and are seeking financial compensation, our firm will have to prove several things. They are as follows:
- There was a duty of care: First, an injured person must prove that they were hurt on a property where the owner had a legal duty of care to ensure the property was safe for all who enter it.
- The property owner breached the duty of care: You must then prove that the property owner failed to use reasonable care to ensure his or her property was safe. Proving that the property owner either knew or should have reasonably known about the unsafe property conditions and failed to fix them is critical.
- The breach caused your injury: Finally, you must prove that the breach of care is the direct cause of your injury.
As long as we can prove each of these points, you should win your personal injury claim and recover financial compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you’ve sustained because of your accident. This can include the following:
- The cost of medical bills, such as for surgeries, medication, in-home care, and more.
- The cost of lost wages from being unable to return to work.
- Emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and the loss of enjoyment of life.
Though the compensation you receive cannot turn back the clocks and make everything just as it was before your accident, it can help you cope, and our goal is to ensure that you are in a better position going forward.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
In New York State, the statute of limitations for your personal injury claim may change, depending on where you were injured. In most cases, the statute of limitations for a premises liability claim is three years, giving you three years from the date you were injured to take legal action against the liable property owner.
However, if you were injured on property owned by a municipality, you will most likely have even less time to take legal action. In New York, injuries sustained on a government-owned property must be reported in a Notice of Claim within 90 days of the date the accident occurred. For this reason, it is best to simply reach out to us as soon as you can. We can begin the claims process at once.
CONTACT A NEW YORK CITY & WESTCHESTER COUNTY SLIP AND FALL LAWYER
Slip and fall accidents can have serious and long-lasting ramifications, which is why if you’ve been hurt, it is of paramount importance that you retain the services of a competent Westchester County slip and fall lawyer at once. We understand the claims process, inside and out, and we are ready to be your number one advocate, every step of the way. Contact The Bàez Legal Group today to schedule your free initial consultation with our seasoned legal team.
“Jose is one of the most compassionate, trustworthy and brilliant lawyers in NYC! He really cares about your well-being and goes above and beyond to make sure you're well represented. He is always available and responsive whenever you need him. I've recommended him to close friends who were absolutely thrilled to work with him!”
- Seda B.
José Báez is an excellent Attorney. He helped me through one of the toughest times in my life. He gave me support and was very professional and of high quality. José was always accessible and always returns my calls without delay. I just can’t say enough about José Báez. Anybody who’s been injured in a truck accident, or any other accident should definitely hire José Báez. I strongly recommend Mr. Báez.
- Elizabeth S.
Not only have I had the pleasure of working alongside Jose, but I’ve also been on the receiving end of his handling of the transference of my father’s estate. Jose and the Baez Legal Group demonstrated a kind of versatility, accountability, and dedication rarely seen outside of large international law firms. He handles a wide variety of cases with seeming ease, often surprising both his clients and I with the scope of his knowledge of different legal disciplines. Jose is not one of the myriads of lawyers that always seem too busy to allocate the proper amount of care and time to their clients; in fact, he was often in the habit of reaching out first, even if just to see how we’re doing. Should you wish to receive an unprecedented amount of excellence in the handling of your case, the Baez Legal Group should be your first and only resort.
- Kenny S.
Mr. Báez is one of the most compassionate trustworthy, smartest, and respectful human beings I have ever met. He is truly one of the best lawyers in all of New York. He and his legal group are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of the law. I thank him for helping my family and recommend him without reservations.
- William V.
Mr. Baez has always been who my family and I turn to for legal advice, as his experience and expertise has lent a hand time and time again in reviewing and assessing an array of medical malpractice, corporate and estate matters. He is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of the law, and I highly recommend him.
- Sabrina S.
Jose Baez was the angel I desperately needed. Mr. Baez made me feel secure and walked with me through every step of my legal battle. He showed compassion and understanding, on top of being knowledgeable. Jose was efficient and effective in achieving the desired results. Words cannot describe the gratitude I feel for Mr. Baez and all his help in dealing with a difficult matter. I rest assured knowing that I can count on him at any time. I am forever indebted to Mr. Baez and his team.
- Diana G.
Jose stuck with me in a very difficult case that many other lawyers would not even take on. It was a three-year battle and luckily with Jose’s help I was not charged criminally. Jose pays very close attention to details and his responses to the opposing side were thorough and full of substance.
- Alex B.
It is an immense privilege to know Jose Baez for several years now. He's an amazing Lawyer, brilliant, respectful, trustworthy, reliable...so much to say about him. To sum it up I highly recommend him, I am grateful for the assistance he gave my daughter, we are forever thankful.
- Reggie I.
I can only say great things about Jose Baez! He has advised me and helped my cases and has proven to be the go-to guy to save the day. I am truly grateful I met him.